RACE8.BOARDHOST.COM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

8/28/2018 8:59 am  #31

Re: Speedrome updates 8-25 1 hour figure 8

2018 published rules of competition
M. Yellow flag (for Late Models, Stocks, Thundercars, and Front Wheel Drives) advises drivers that a minor hazard is on the course and racing will continue. Racing will return to green flag conditions after the hazard is no longer present.
N. Red flag indicates a severe hazard or emergency on the track that requires stopping the race. All cars must stop and maintain position until approved by track officials. Cars moving around may be asked to leave the racing surface.

8/28/2018 9:07 am  #32

The red came out before anyone got around to complete another lap... i believe chad and hadley completed the said lap though b4 the red was thrown....it was a cluster eff mess and probably the weirdest ending to any timed race that i can remember in my many years of being at the track. I think the track handled it fairly personally. 

8/28/2018 9:19 am  #33

Just to clarify, I think the track is fair! Not trying to infer anything different I just want a better understanding of the rules. Any judgement discussion will be had by those affected with those that can affect it.
I suspect the transponder logged the time Chad crossed the line.
Perhaps the flag was thrown/red light condition was milliseconds before then but I don't have the data nor the video.

8/28/2018 1:12 pm  #34

it just came down to dumb luck on mark's end getting caught up and not going b4 the red...had he got going he remains in the lead...had he lapped them all he remains in the lead ....etc... just a weird ending for sure that i am sure some see as controversial , but hearing and seeing comments/posts by those involved and effected it seems that none of them are upset thankfully and none think they got screwed by the track, which as we know with previous owners and management that was an ongoing idea in lots of drivers heads

8/29/2018 10:22 am  #35

That’s what I was saying keep it the same all throughout which Kevin seems to have been doing the last 2 yrs I guess if mark agreed know 1 else question

Board footera